Sunday 2 September 2012

5 beauty tips

Posted by Unknown at 11:47

1) Sudocrem
I've had this cream all my life as it's great for cuts, grazes, rashes etc. I'd even used it on individual spots before realising that applying the cream to the whole of your face at night leaves you with an even skin tone the next morning! I've personally found it reduces the redness of spots and even enables me to avoid foundation sometimes. Wash your face before using it and apply a thin layer (I usually just put it on my T-zone), leave overnight, wash your face with a gentle cleanser the next day (I use garnier grapefruit wash) and voilà!

2) Spoons
So this tip came from my best friend a while ago, and it only just occurred to me to share it (sorry!). This is covering the problem ofeye bags by the way. So you can either put the spoons in the fridge the night before or in the morning (for about 20 minutes). Either works for me, although the spoons tend to cool down quicker the less time they're in the fridge for. Place the back (that's the curved outer side) of the spoon on each eye and hold until the spoons have cooled. The cold temperature reduces the appearance of eye bags and leaves your eyes feeling fresh and awake!

3) Cold water

Cold water isn't going to do much just by looking at it, the idea is that when you've put conditioner on your hair, you turn the shower temperature down as low as you can bare to rinse it off. The cold water locks in moisture and leaves your hair silky and healthy looking/feeling!

4) No7 Pore Refining Serum

There are a lot of different serums and creams out there that claim to do all kinds of things and fix beauty problems we're not even sure we have! However, I've been using this one for about 9 months now and the improvements have been fantastic. My face used to be very shiny all the time, and when I used products that claimed to reduce oily skin my face would dry out and foundation would look patchy instead! I apply this serum every day whether I'm going to wear foundation or not. Although your skin type is down to your hormones and own body to some extent, my pores genuinely have been reduced, my skin tone is more even and my T-zone (where I apply it) is much less oily! Hooray!

5) Replacing fizzy drinks with water


My mum tried for many years to persuade me to drink water rather than squash, juice and various fizzy drinks before I finally came around and decided that I actually wanted to drink water over other drinks! Water has many benefits and our bodies need it, but what you might not know is that it acts as a natural detox. That means it has the ability to flush away things we don't want. For example, spotsAlcohol, Fizzy drinks, sweets, chocolate, it all fills our bodies with things that are going to increase your chances of getting spots when consumed regularly (they also help your body avoid achieving a flat belly!). There's a reason models are on such strict, healthy diets, because they have to stay skinny and their skin must be clear. Drinking more water actually works for me and so does avoiding fizzy drinks (not all the time of course!) and the more you drink it the more you begin to enjoy it as a drink too, if taste is a problem for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Messages From My Beautiful Followers!<3

 

BloggerWithAfro Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos