Sunday 26 August 2012

What's The Run Dude, Where Do You Wake Up...

Posted by Unknown at 17:49

I used to be able to sleep for England, there could be the biggest thunderstorm outside my window, there could be kids outside playing, the neighbour’s baby crying, my dog going mad at the poor leaflet boy and I would be dead to the world!


Something changed a little while ago. I have always been a worrier (runs in the family), I’m a diet coke addict, which became my saviour from the ball-busting hours I used to work at my last job. I hate being in the pitch dark and silence deafens me. Considering all these factors it’s no surprise that I am up until the wee hours of the morning and the slightest noise wakes me up.
 



I downloaded two apps on my iPhone, I was a little sceptical that they wouldn't do anything for me, but hey I'm willing to give anything a go.  
 
1. “Sleep Soundly” – you only get one free session that you can replay over and over again. It’s basically a woman speaking in a low, soft voice, talking to you about your breathing, getting comfy and trying to relax you for approximately 35 minutes. I find I can listen to women but listening to a man try to do this freaks me out.
2. “Sleepmaker” This is actually my favourite, now don’t judge. I played this for my friend and she couldn’t stop laughing. It’s basically different rain sounds, for example, “Medium rain onto a car roof” or “Gentle overspill out of guttering”. Sounds weird, but don’t knock it until you try it. Something it doesn’t work and just makes me want to wee!

 
 
 

I’m not really into taking pills to fix things, but I have tried Kalms Sleep, it was many years ago now and hated them. You have to take 4 pills, that’s right 4! I was up late revising for a test at the time, having drank a couple of tins of Coke (terrible idea in hindsight), then couldn’t sleep and didn’t want to feel crappy for the test, so I popped the pills. My arms started tingling, I was sweating a little bit, all in all a horrible experience, never will I do that again.
 
Lastly, it does nothing for aiding my sleep deprivation, but it is very yummy. I reach for a good old glass of milk & honey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Messages From My Beautiful Followers!<3

 

BloggerWithAfro Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos