Sunday 26 August 2012

DIY Studded Collar Tips.

Posted by Unknown at 17:08


Collars in general are a big thing at the moment. 
You can get removable collar tips, collar broaches & collar pins, as well as shirts, blouses & jackets with embellished or embroidered collars. Or even just a cute chiffon shirt you can do up to the top.
A lot of people are wearing this trend, including myself.

Recently I found at the back of my wardrobe last summers denim jacket. I loved this jacket, I wore it all summer, and I didn't just want to throw it away or sell it, so instead I decided to re-vamp it in someway.
So, I got myself on ebay and bought myself 100 small square silver studs. They're really cheap to buy, especially on ebay for a wholesale price.

They're also really simple, easy and quick to use, just push the spikes through the fabric, and then bend the spikes down to hold the stud in place, you don't even need to use or buy anything other than the studs and whichever piece of clothing you with to use. 

And et voila! An old denim jacket looking and feeling more up to date & some money saved as I don't feel the need to be looking for a new one!
And as I only used 16 of my 100 studs I can do it again on some other items of clothing, or even shoes! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Little Messages From My Beautiful Followers!<3

 

BloggerWithAfro Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos